[sane-devel] Epson CX5200 not detected with sane-find-scanner

Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:41:23 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 11:51:16AM -0400, Jeff Courtade wrote:
> When I set the debug I do not get any additional info

This would mean that the epson backend is not loaded at all. But at

I wrote:

> >Please show us the output when debugging is enabled:
> >
> >SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 scanimage -L

So I was talking about scanimage, not sane-find-scanner.

Some background information: SANE_DEBUG_BACKENDNAME (e.g.
SANE_DEBUG_EPSON) enables debugging for that speicfic backend. If you
set it and the backend is run, you'll get debug messages. This works
with all frontends, e.g. scanimage, xsane or xscanimage.

sane-find-scanner is not a frontend. It just checks the device files
for existing scanners therefore you don't get any additional messages.