[sane-devel] Epson CX5200 not detected with sane-find-scanner

Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:00:19 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 02:40:22PM -0400, Jeff Courtade wrote:
> When running this with the official distribution there was no additional
> output from scanimage -L
> with
> export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255  set.

This means the epson backend was not loaded. That doesn't happen with
the standard SANE distribution, so either your dustribution or you
changed something :-)

> I installed the available dev snapshot just now.
>
> After setting up /etc/sane.d/epson.conf
>
> usb /dev/usb/scanner0
>
> now when I set the debug level I get additional output
>
> and it detects my scanner
>
> This is the output from that
>
> Should it be detected as an unknown model?

I don't know. Does scanning work?

E.g. "scanimage >image.pnm"? scanimage --help for more options.