[sane-devel] Epson CX5200 not detected with sane-find-scanner

Jeff Courtade jeffrey.courtade@us.army.mil
Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:17:59 -0400

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 02:40:22PM -0400, Jeff Courtade wrote:
>

>>When running this with the official distribution there was no additional
>>output from scanimage -L
>>with
>>export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255  set.
>>

>This means the epson backend was not loaded. That doesn't happen with
>the standard SANE distribution, so either your dustribution or you
>changed something :-)

I built them from sources, I did nothing unusual .... funny ...
I searched for other peope with this issue and found nothing so I
figured it was something strange to do with me..

Again this is nothing unusual :)

>>I installed the available dev snapshot just now.
>>
>>After setting up /etc/sane.d/epson.conf
>>
>>usb /dev/usb/scanner0
>>
>>now when I set the debug level I get additional output
>>
>>and it detects my scanner
>>
>>This is the output from that
>>
>>Should it be detected as an unknown model?
>>

>I don't know. Does scanning work?
>
>E.g. "scanimage >image.pnm"? scanimage --help for more options.

Hehe I only got a black and white one so far Just ran a color one and I
am transferring the file now to look at it.

SANE is just cool.

Thanx

Jeff