[sane-devel] OS X Firewire support

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:06:30 +1000

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:46:45PM +0200, Guy Brooker wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I've almost completed testing of a patch to sane_scsi.c which supports the
> IOKit SCSI Architecture Model API.

Very cool stuff!

> I need to complete some testing, and to tidy up the code a little beofre I
> post it, but before I do, can someone point me to some information on wha=
t I
> need to do to prepare and submit a patch to SANE ? I am sure I came across
> some documentation on the subject last week, but I can't find it via the
> standard web site anymore. (I'm sure it is staring me in the face!)

I don't know if there is a specific document but you have a choice.

1. Use diff to work out the differences between the base version and your c=
hanges
2. Or just post the code and how to make it work.

If it's verified by a developer with CVS access, they can just commit it for
you. But posting allows other people to test, which is always a good thing.

Remember, make sure the code is readable and clear. Document any sections
not obvious. Some poor schmoe might need to debug it later :)
--=20
> "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good
> men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke
> "The penalty good people pay for not being interested in politics is to be
> governed by people worse than themselves." - Plato

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--