[sane-devel] Help scanner

palimsesto palimsesto@ono.com
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 16:46:37 +0200

Hello!
I have problem with my scanner and I hope someone could help me.
I installed Mandrake 9.1 and detected all the hardward I have, but when
I want work with the scanner it's impossible for me. I get the follow
message : "snapscan/dev/usb/scanner0...invalid argument". I got this
message from Sane and from Gimp to.
If I start my computer from win all run perfectly and after I works with
Linux any problem, but if I start my computer from Linux I get the
message I wrote when I call my scanner or Sane. Don't like this kind of
dependence of win, but I don't found any way to solve this.
I have read de page of Sane and follow all the steps there I found but
my scanner doesn't work.
I try with : sane-find-scanner and found perfectly my USB scanner and
also with the scanimage -L command and again detected the scanner but
still does'nt work. And I hope isn't complicated but I'm working with
Linux fifteen days about and enjoy it but this problem....
Bye!
Juan Carlos