[sane-devel] PF1800i - Preview

Alexander Feldman alex@llama.gs
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:55:04 +0200

Hi,

I have taken some USB logs for the PrimeFilm 1800i and turned them into a
userland program, the ultimate goal of which is to get a preview of the
slide and to write it in a file. After some scrolling I have found several
patterns and how to reset the head to the initial position (although
sometime it starts in the reverse direction, reaches the end and produces
frightening sound).

The results are available from:

http://www.llama.gs/pf1800i/

and in particular the link of interest is:

http://www.llama.gs/pf1800i/preview.20030817.tar.gz

I haven't seen much scanner driver's code so please if some of you could
have a look at the files "init.c" and "preview.c" you may find some
patterns.

Rgds:

-- Alex