[sane-devel] USB Scanner Problem

Jan Rüdiger sane@dummgebabbel.de
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:29:42 +0200

Hi

I try to connect a HP 4200C to my PC running SuSe 8.2 with Kernel 2.4.20
and sane 1.0.11 (also tried 1.0.12). The Problem is that the scanner
only works for one scan after that sane doesn't find any devices. The
only solution is to reload the usb-uhci modul (rmmod/insmod usb-uhci)
I'm not sure if this is a kernel or sane problem, can someone please
point me in the ritght direction.
I'll access the scanner via libusb. I'll tested the scanner on 3
different PC and the scanner works under w2k.

scanimage -L reports:
No scanners were identified. ...

but

sane-find-scanner reports:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0201) at libusb:001:002

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices gives:
P:  Vendor=03f0 ProdID=0201 Rev= 1.00
S:  Manufacturer=Hewlett-Packard
S:  Product=HP ScanJet 6200C
S:  SerialNumber=0G95911204HL

I also tried all tips from the hp-faq without any luck.

thanks allot

jan