[sane-devel] Scanning negatives with Epson Perferction 1260 Photo

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Sat Aug 2 15:54:09 BST 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:25:54PM +0100, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:

> khk at khk.net said:
> > Have you tried EPSON Kowa's IScan?
> >
> > You can download it from this link:
> > http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/lsd_e.html
>

> Haven't you heard, you are not allowed to mention any scanning software
> that is not SANE on the mailing list anymore.
>
> JAB.

IScan is based on Sane, so it should be OK :-)

But I will also continue to recommend vuescan as an alternative to Sane
for scanners that are not supported by Sane, or if the Sane scan quality
is not sufficient. Having a choice between different solutions is never
a bad thing.

Karl Heinz

Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk at khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc