[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1260 with the epkowa backend (iscan 1.5.2)

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf at epkowa.co.jp
Tue Aug 5 01:56:33 BST 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 03:54:44PM +0200, Florian Reichert wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I woul like to report the following:
>
> xsane recognices my scanner correctly as plustek scanner and i am able to
> use the TPU
>
> But with iscan I can't use the TPU of my 1260 Photo in iscan any more.

We (EPSON KOWA Corporation) are aware of the problem and will
investigate.

> Iscan detects the scanner as GT7300, what seems to be wrong.

The GT-7300 is the Japanese version of the Perfection 1260 Photo.  No
problem there.  You can check in sane-epkowa(5).
# As a developer, I'd wish they stopped using different names for the
# same thing in different places ;-{

> I also tried 1.4 which was working with my scanner and debian 3.0rc1, and
> mandrake 9.0.
> Now I am using mandrake 9.1
> recent versions:
> xsane 0.90 -2mdk libsane1 1.0.11 -5mdk
> sane-backends 1.0.11 -5mdk
> kernel 2.4.21
> Could it be, that something in sane changed, so that the iscan backend
> doen't detect the scanner in a propper way?

I doubt it is something in SANE.  The fault most likely is with iscan,
or more precisely the epkowa backend that it provides.

> P.S. Someone mentioned iscan 1.5.3 is out ... but where could I get it? Is
> that problem fixed there?

That someone was me, but I made a typo.  The latest release is 1.5.2.
Sorry for any confusion.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2