[sane-devel] Mustek 600 II EP working with SANE

James Perry jamesp at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Sat Aug 16 10:21:18 BST 2003

Hi everyone,

I now have my Mustek Paragon 600 II EP scanner
working with SANE. A patch for sane-backends-1.0.12
to add this support can be found at:

http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~jamesp/mustek600iiep.patch

I have tried it with various modes, resolutions and
image sizes, and it seems to work fine. I tested
using scanimage, xscanimage and xsane.

A few notes about the driver:

1. It's not doing any line distance correction. I
don't really know enough about scanners to know
how it should do this. Output quality looks OK
though

2. I set the minimum resolution to 75. 72, the
default for the other Mustek scanners, causes
bands across the image

3. The method used to get the scanner to stop when
it reaches the end is a bit of a hack, but it's the
only thing I can get working. Suggestions for the
'Right Way' to do it would be appreciated

4. Although this scanner connects via the parallel
port, I've added it to the mustek backend, not the
mustek_pp backend, as it uses SCSI commands

Any comments or questions?

Thanks,
James