[sane-devel] custom-gamma and resolution

stef stef-listes at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 25 14:32:45 BST 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 12:15:12PM +0530, aneesh m raj wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have build the latest backend form cvs but again it is not working :(  The custom-gamma option is having a capability of 101 which means that the SANE_CAP_INACTIVE is set. I have also another doubt when i used scanimage --resolution .... the scanner sometimes rounds the resolution value, why is this happening...actually that will be the problem for me while setting resolution. Im directly setting the value given by the user.
> Thanks
> Aneesh

	Hello,
	the UMAX 1220P/2000P has fixed dpi values because of its step motor. It can
only do 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 dpi. So when you give any other value, the backend
round it up to the next fixed value. Fo instance, if you set to 100 dpi, it uses 150
and flag it with SANE_INFO_INEXACT for the frontend. So if you don't use this
returned value, and read enough bytes for 100 dpi, you'll have the scanner stuck in
an unfinished scan at 150 dpi.

Regards,
	Stef