[sane-devel] film scanner

Major A andras at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 28 09:32:28 BST 2003

> I read a lot about Problems with film scanners and linux/sane. So I want to

The problems are mostly related to the front-ends, as there is no
really convenient way of removing the orange mask (for negatives) and
IR-based dust removal.

> ask for a supported film scanner with about 1600 or more dpi. Who has any
> experienc, wich scanner is supported well?

I use an LS-30, all hardware functions are supported. I have also had
positive confirmation from users of LS-40, LS-4000, and LS-8000,
though the latter is a bit problematic because of the large variety of
film holders.

> I had a look in the db, but I don't know, wich are film scanners and wich
> not. It seems, that the most known film scanners are not or not well
> supported (minolta, nikon ...)

Most Nikons are certainly supported, and so are a few Canons I'm told.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras at users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/