[sane-devel] HP scanjet IIp and ADF / lamp moves back after each page

lists.schade@gmx.de lists.schade@gmx.de
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:42:00 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I got an old HP Scanjet IIp with an ADF. It was really easy to install an it
works well, but I've got on little problem:
When scanning multiple pages form the ADF with scanadf or scanimage, the
lamp moves back to its home position after each page and is switched off. After
that it is switched on again and moves forward again and scans the second
page, moves back, moves forward, ...
(The scans are ok.)

I think this behaviour isn't so good, because the scanner would be worn out
really fast ... The `HP Copy Utility` under Windows doesn't move the lamp and
so it scans faster, too.

How can I deactivate the moving back (calibrating ?) of the lamp after each
page?
It would be really great if someone could help me
thanks
Sascha