[sane-devel] Visioneer Onetouch 4400 USB (Visioneer/Primax Primascan Colorado 2600u, Memorex 6142u)

Keith Watson kpwatson@ukfsn.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:43:39 +0000

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:15:26 -0500
Terry Boldt <qtt@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Not too sure if how similar the Visioneer 4400 is to the 8000 series scanners,
> but a backend (supposedly) exists for 8000 series, at least some of them. I
> have the source for the 8000 series backend and am expecting an 8920 in the
> mail within the next month. At that time I was expecting that I would have to
> work on the source that I have to adapt it to the 8920. If the 4400 is
> similar, then we can combine our efforts. I will be connecting via USB 2.0.
>
> If you think the source I have will be helpul, I can send it to you.

Might take you up on that at some point Terry.  At the moment I'm still in
learning mode.  I've downloaded some of the USB snooping tools and I'm going to
have a play with them.  I've also got a fair bit of reading about USB and
scanner technology to do.

Once I feel I'm starting to get a vague idea of what I'm trying to do, I'll get
back to you. Of course this will probably be co-incident with the nice men in
white coats coming to take me away.

Cheers,

Keith.