[sane-devel] Problems running saned from xinetd

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:18:18 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:33:07PM -0800, Emmanuel Gravel wrote:
> Tried that too, since I found it on the net. Didn't work. I'll send the full
> contents and all future testing info when I get to my system again.

Check that the group you use in xinetd.conf does exist. And that the
path to the daemon is correct. It looks like a problem with xinetd
starting saned. You don't use "-d" or "-s" as options for saned? That
only works in stand-alone mode.

If you can't find out what's wrongf, you could move saned to
saned.bin, write a wrapper shell script that prints something to
/tmp/log.txt and starts saned.