[sane-devel] Sugg: frontend to scan and append to pdf

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:59:19 +0000

> (I think this can almost be done with a script, but I
> am not sure about the append to pdf part...)

I'm quite sure it can. That script would create a new temporary
directory, then scan all images into it with the specified options
(resolution, format: jpeg or png, etc.). At the end of it, it simply
creates a TeX file that includes all of the pictures on a page each,
then compiles that file into a PDF using pdftex. If I had an hour
right now, and a flatbed on my desk, I would code the whole thing in
sh for you, but I'm afraid I'll have to do it next year.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net
    www:    http://andras.webhop.org/