[sane-devel] Sugg: frontend to scan and append to pdf

John jante_nord@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:34:02 +0000 (GMT)

I have a suggestion for the Sane frontends (xsane?)
and that is a scan and append to pdf feature.

It is quite often that I want to scan a few pages and
send them by email, preferably in one .pdf file that
can be read by everyone.

What I often do is scan each page and add as jpeg to a
word processing document. This works but is time
consuming and boring and technically unneccesary.

I would like a utility that scans one full A4 page and
writes it to a pdf, then ask me if I want to scan
another one, if [yes] then I want the pdf to contain
both pages.

Do you agree this is something useful ? Is there a
solution already ?

(I think this can almost be done with a script, but I
am not sure about the append to pdf part...)

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk