[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 on RH 9

Tim Waugh twaugh@redhat.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:10:01 +0000

--TG7lY2/6mW/akb80

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 12:52:14AM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:

> The soname of all sane libraries have to be "libsane.so.1"
> or you will not be able to make a frontend to load
> any backend.

I don't believe that's true actually: in current sane-backends
(1.0.13), the soname hack seems to have been taken out of ltmain.sh,
and the sonames of the backends are all sensible.

> The important thing is that the sane-libraries are not in a standard
> library path of the system.

Okay, it seems that when SANE was originally packaged for Red Hat it
*was* added to ld.so.conf, so I'll take that out.

Tim.
*/

--TG7lY2/6mW/akb80

--TG7lY2/6mW/akb80--