[sane-devel] Latest iscan-1.52-1 rpm for RH8.0

Terry Boldt qtt@attglobal.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:26:54 -0500

On Saturday 20 December 2003 23:02, you wrote:
> On Saturday 20 December 2003 16:04, Terry Boldt wrote:
> >I have compiled and installed the Epkowa iscan using gcc 3.2 with no
> > problem, if you desire I can send you the compiled iscan.
> >
> >iscan works with sane - it is a sane frontend the same as xsane is a
> > sane frontend - so iscan works with sane, but not xsane since they
> > are essentially the same thing.
> >
> >Let me know if you desire the compiled iscan front end and/or the
> > compiled epkowa sane backend.
>
> Humm, something must have changed in the way of dependencies here. it
> built without incident, and installed, but in August, the last time I
> tried to do 1.5.2 from tarball, right after it was released, the
> compiler spit it out.  This time it completed.
>
> However that means I should have a GT-6800 backend, but if I uncomment
> epkowa in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/sane.dll, it isn't showing up in the

I have the perfection 1660 Photo, but the epkowa backend should work for =
the=20
GT-6800 if the epkowa web page lists it. You will have to add the line=20

epkowa

to the file=20

/usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf

iscan and xsane should then find the scanner. Anything past that and you =
are=20
getting out of my depth. Sorry. Hope this helps.

Terry