[sane-devel] Infos on Visioneer 4400/PrimaScan 2600u

Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:33:34 +0100

[CC to sane-devel]

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:46:56AM -0800, Steven Ellis wrote:
> > > and unsupported.desc says something about the E1
> > chipset???
> >
> > That was just a guess based on the E1.ini and
> > viceo.dll that were
> > provided by the Windows driver. I don't know, if
> > there is an E1
> > chipset at all.
>
> The E5 uses very different chips from E3 and E4 which
> the viceo driver currently supports. Some of the
> support files the Windows driver installs are very
> similar but is it a lm983x based scanner and you would
> be better off looking at one of the other scanner
> driver projects.

That would be plustek. I'll change the info in unsupported.desc.

So E5 is the name of the driver not the chip? Doesn't the lm983x
contain all the necessary hardware to drive the scanner (but RAM and
some minor chips)?

> The original windows driver source used in the Viceo
> driver at present only has the E3 and E4 source files.

Ok.