[sane-devel] Infos on Visioneer 4400/PrimaScan 2600u

Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:40:27 +0100

Hi,

Another question:

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:46:56AM -0800, Steven Ellis wrote:
> > > and unsupported.desc says something about the E1
> > chipset???
> >
> > That was just a guess based on the E1.ini and
> > viceo.dll that were
> > provided by the Windows driver. I don't know, if
> > there is an E1
> > chipset at all.
>
> The E5 uses very different chips from E3 and E4 which
> the viceo driver currently supports. Some of the
> support files the Windows driver installs are very
> similar but is it a lm983x based scanner and you would
> be better off looking at one of the other scanner
> driver projects.

As Gerhard says that this doesn't look like a lm983x scanner:
>From where do you got this information? Did someone actually open the
scanner?

Maybe it's a lm9830 (parport) over USB thingy? In this case it would
make sense to look at the canon630u backend which is lm9830 + GL640usb
as far as I know.