[sane-devel] Why does xsane-gimp exist ?

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:29:07 +0100

I don`t think it makes sense to create several problems with
different systems in this case.

Is it really so hard to install one additional package when=20
you want to use xsane as gimp plugin?

Oliver

On Friday 07 February 2003 13:05, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > The distributors usually create two or more binary packages because
> > otherwise you'd need to install gimp as a dependency of xsane. As gim=
> > is a rather big package, this may not make sense for everyone. So
> > there is one package with and one without gimp support.
>
> As you know, I dropped the xsane-gimp1.2 package in Debian and built
> the xsane package with GIMP support.
>
> As a sort of workaround to this, wouldn't it be possible to dlopen()
> the libgimp at startup, if run as a GIMP plugin ?
>
> JB.

--=20
http://www.xsane.org
http://www.mostang.com/sane