[sane-devel] Why does xsane-gimp exist ?

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:40:37 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

Hi,

>> As a sort of workaround to this, wouldn't it be possible to dlopen()
>> the libgimp at startup, if run as a GIMP plugin ?

> And you will get all sort of imcompatibilities with dynamic loadding,
> see dll.c for examples. Well, at least if systems like aix and MacOS X
> should be supported ;-)

Yes, that's kind of a hack that leads us nowhere. I wanted to consider
this option, but after some experimentations, it's definitely too
complicated.

> I don't know if it's worth it.

It's not worth it, given the current dependencies for the GIMP-enabled
build.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>