Re[2]: [sane-devel] Xsane Win32 and adf

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:50:28 +0100

Dear Henning,

HMG> You could try scanimage (command line client) on the server. If that
HMG> works, try to run it "over localhost", i.e.:
HMG> scanimage -d net:localhost:hp:/dev/scanner >image.pnm (add the
HMG> appropriate options). scanimage has also options for batch scanning.

This works somehow perfect, except that I cannot give a format size like
A4 to scan. It=B4s fast, quiet and reliable.

HMG> If the first one fails, it's a hp backend problem. If the second one
HMG> fails it's either a backend, net or saned problem. If both work, it
HMG> may be an xsane problem.

I would say this is an XSane problem, because scanimage works perfect.
Aren=B4t there more hints to the problem=3F

>> HMG> I have no experience with the Windows version but the Linux XSane (=
or
>> HMG> to be more exact: sane-net + saned) don't seem to be influenced by
>> HMG> other traffic. Well, scanning will be slower, but nothing else.
>>=20
>> hm, I should use a Linux as well.

HMG> If you ca, that would at least show if the problem is xsane/win
HMG> specific.

I hope to set up some linux machine soon to test XSane on Linux and
what=B4s the behaviour like.

Best regards Holger