[sane-devel] Restarting scanner

Ross Vandegrift ross@willow.seitz.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:22:41 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:04:03PM +0200, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Everything works ok but if I unplug the scanner, either the power or the
> USB, then when I try to start Xscan again it can't find the *device*. I
> have to re-boot the computer to get it to work again (something which I
> loathe to do).

I just joined the list to ask an almost identical question ::-)

Also have the same problem, same setup, same scanner.  But, it's enough
to kill the scanner if the machine is put into sleep mode with "apm -s".

*However*, the machine doesn't go to sleep by itself with the scanner
hooked up.  I've read I may need ACPI enabled for that, so this could be
related.

Thanks for any tips!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.