[sane-devel] Problem in setting up Xsane (problem half solved)

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Fri Feb 28 12:45:54 GMT 2003

Hi folks

Lot of thanks for your advice.  Thanks to Holger for the link which is
the same as on my 1st posting.

My problem is now half solved.  The trick is I have to disable the Plug
and Play driver on the ISA SCSI card by following the steps described on
the aforesaid link

su
password

# /sbin/insmod sg
Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/scsi/sg.o
# /sbin/insmod aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0
Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/scsi/aha152x.o
# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX160E   Rev: 1.0e
   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
   Vendor: AGFA     Model: SNAPSCAN 310     Rev: 1.90
   Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Starting 'Xsane' still could not detect the scanner (licence accepted).
  I don't know its setup.  Can any folk on the list shed me some light

Another strange thing is when I restart the PC I have to do 'insmod'
again otherwise the scanner could not be detected.

# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX160E   Rev: 1.0e
   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

The scanner disappeared.  Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen