[sane-devel] saned/Epson problems - ?third try?

Lars Täuber taeuber@bbaw.de
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:53:31 +0100

Hi,

i've just subscribed.
i read the mailinglist and found another one having my problems.

we use a scan-server with an epson scanner attached.
this server has no x, so we can't test xsane or xscanimage localy.
first i wrote to khk, because we thought it was a xsane problem.

now we encounter a cancel problem with xscanimage and net backend too.

i attached the scanner to a linux box running X and had no problems
using xsane with the local epson backend.

the boxes are connected over 100mbit switched ethernet
the scanserver running 2.4.13 on a AMD K6-233@150 underclocked with 90MB RAM
the client is an AMD Duron 700 with 394MB RAM running 2.4.13
the scanner is an Epson Perfection 2400 over USB 1.1

we can't switch to color mode or to transparency unit using xsane over
net backend

xscanimage works so far - only canceling scanning freezes xscanimage
(over net backend)

any hint?

big regards

--