[sane-devel] saned/Epson problems - ?third try?

Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:29:40 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:07:57PM +0100, Lars Täuber wrote:
> >>i attached the scanner to a linux box running X and had no problems
> >>using xsane with the local epson backend.
> >>

> >You are using the standard epson backend that comes with sane and not
> >the epson kowa backend made by Epson?
> >

> no, i use sane backend (is the kowa backend for sane?)

There is a backend made by Epson that also has the name "epson".

> 1.0.9 on both - client and server
>
> there is another client in the intranet that has not the problems but it
> is an older xsane (0.77 i think) and an older sane version (1.0.7 i
> think), but i'll have a lock again
>
> (xsane 0.77 -> net client 1.0.7 -> saned server 1.0.9 works) (10mbit
> switched)
>
> (xsane 0.90 -> net client 1.0.9 -> saned server 1.0.9 doesn't work)
> (100mbit switched)

That's interesting. There is only one change in the net backend
between 1.0.7 and 1.0.9 that may cause problems with options. Well, at
least theoretically. The new code looks correct for me.

Can you test xsane 0.90 with net client 1.0.7 or vice versa? So we
could find out if the difference is xsane or the net client.