[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:49:54 +0100

Hi,

On Sunday, 12. January 2003 00:20, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
[SNIP]
> Please check plustek.desc, the "unsupported" entries are broken, they
> are all listed as Canon scanners. I guess you can just remove them
> because they are in unsupported.desc now.

Okay fixed!

> By the way, I'll remove the UT16B from unsupported.desc because it's
> already listed in gt68xx.conf as untested. I hope it's not too much
> trouble to support it in gt68xx. But there don't seem too much of these
> scanners, at least nobody (but you) has yet contacted me about this
> scanner.

Also fixed (removed from the unsupported.desc file). Well I'm not sure about
the 16B maybe we get more requests upon this device in the near future.
I believe, that it is almost the same scanner as the 1248U - we'll see.

> > This version is more or less a bug-fixing version and includes
> > support for the
> > EPSON 1260 Photo (inkl. TPA autodetection) - shouldn't damage motor
> > anymore! CanoScan N670U/N676U
> > CanoScan N1220U
> > CanoScan N1240U
>
> Cool, so the new entries in unsupported.desc are void :-)

Already removed.

> > Although the picture quality on the CanoScan 1220 and 1240
> > is not very good, I think we're on the correct way...
>
> Shouldn't the status then be "beta" instead of "stable"? Just a
> nitpick :-)

Hmpf! Depends on how you classify status? On one hand you're
right - the scanner is not supported perfectly, on the other hand,
the backend code is stable so far - so what?

> > The USB support covers now the libusb too, please have a look
> > at the plustek.conf for more info.
>
> Cool. I think that all backends can now cope with libusb.

Well at least the old version was able to be used with libusb, but
there you needed to know the libusb device node

Cheers
  Gerhard