[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:20:24 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 04:05:59PM +0100, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
> I've currently updated the Plustek Backend.
> New version now is 0.45-1.
> All changes are now in CVS and will go into SANE-1.0.10.

Please check plustek.desc, the "unsupported" entries are broken, they
are all listed as Canon scanners. I guess you can just remove them
because they are in unsupported.desc now.

By the way, I'll remove the UT16B from unsupported.desc because it's
already listed in gt68xx.conf as untested. I hope it's not too much
trouble to support it in gt68xx. But there don't seem too much of these
scanners, at least nobody (but you) has yet contacted me about this
scanner.

> This version is more or less a bug-fixing version and includes
> support for the
> EPSON 1260 Photo (inkl. TPA autodetection) - shouldn't damage motor anymore!
> CanoScan N670U/N676U
> CanoScan N1220U
> CanoScan N1240U

Cool, so the new entries in unsupported.desc are void :-)

> Although the picture quality on the CanoScan 1220 and 1240
> is not very good, I think we're on the correct way...

Shouldn't the status then be "beta" instead of "stable"? Just a
nitpick :-)

> The USB support covers now the libusb too, please have a look
> at the plustek.conf for more info.

Cool. I think that all backends can now cope with libusb.