[sane-devel] Unsupported USB scanners (updated list), Umax Astra 4500,4700,6300 Photo ?

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:01:49 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 09:29:48AM +0100, Joachim Franek wrote:
> I am just looking, if this scanners are supported by Linux/Sane, but
> do not find this models.

YOu mean, on the web page? The data about the (un)supported scanners
is in CVS. The scanner search engine will get the data from there
after some time. The HTML lists will be updated from time to time.

> Is there a problem of available documentation?

That's part of the problem. For some scanners even the chipset that's
used isn't known. But for most unsupported scanners there is just
noone who has written a driver until now.