[sane-devel] Where can I find ppscsi driver?

Marcel Pol mpol@gmx.net
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:04:54 +0100

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:23:17 +0100
Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@gmx.net> wrote:

> For me it seems that ppSCSI is not in the official kernel, as I cannot
> find it in the kernel sources of the 2.4.19 of Mandrake 9.0. On the web
> site http://www.torque.net/parport/ppscsi.html are no patches for
> kernels newer than 2.3.x. Where can I find a patch for the current
> kernels so that one could integrate it in Mandrake Linux?

There doesn't seem to be a patch for 2.4, but there is one for 2.5.
The cvs patch should contain the ppscsi drivers too though I do not know if
that is for 2.4 or 2.5.
http://people.redhat.com/twaugh/ftp/patches/
Maybe the best thing is to ask Tim Waugh directly? Maybe the 2.5 patch works
ok for 2.4 too. He should also be able to tell if it is being maintained or
not. Last thing I know was that he was looking for a maintainer because he
didn't have time for it.

--
Marcel Pol

Linux 2.4.21-pre2.1mdk-ringworld.2, up 4 days, 14:11
Registered User #163523