[sane-devel] Canon Lide30: success!

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:11:20 +0100

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2003 12:53, David Faure wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks a lot for sane-1.0.10-pre3, and for the plustek driver (I'm usin=
> plustek-sane-0.45-3). With those my USB CanoScan Lide 30 works perfectl=
y.

> Two questions:
> * why isn't plustek-sane part of sane? Wouldn't this make things much
> easier for all owners of a canon (and other) scanner?

Don't understand this! Plustek-sane is part of the package since SANE-1.0=
=2E3!!
0.45-3 is checked in into 1.0.10-pre3. My download page is only for someb=
ody
who:
- uses a Plustek parallelport scanner
- uses an older SANE package and wants to update the Plustek backend
- wants to use the latest patches

> * the only bug I'm seeing is that if I scan in a random resolution, say=
 400
> DPI, (as allowed by xsane with its resolution slider), then half of the
> scanned image will be covered by black lines. It works fine in 300 DPI,
> (but the unaware user will have a hard time figuring out the right
> resolution value to use, since there's a step of 1 in xsane :))

Thanks for that, I'll check it!

Gerhard