[sane-devel] Canon Lide30: success!

scott fagg scottf@bigpond.net.au
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:51:43 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2003 12:53, David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for sane-1.0.10-pre3, and for the plustek driver (I'm using
> > plustek-sane-0.45-3). With those my USB CanoScan Lide 30 works perfectly.
> >
> > Two questions:
> > * why isn't plustek-sane part of sane? Wouldn't this make things much
> > easier for all owners of a canon (and other) scanner?
>
> Don't understand this! Plustek-sane is part of the package since SANE-1.0.3!!
> 0.45-3 is checked in into 1.0.10-pre3. My download page is only for somebody
> who:
> - uses a Plustek parallelport scanner
> - uses an older SANE package and wants to update the Plustek backend
> - wants to use the latest patches
>
> > * the only bug I'm seeing is that if I scan in a random resolution, say 400
> > DPI, (as allowed by xsane with its resolution slider), then half of the
> > scanned image will be covered by black lines. It works fine in 300 DPI,
> > (but the unaware user will have a hard time figuring out the right
> > resolution value to use, since there's a step of 1 in xsane :))
>
> Thanks for that, I'll check it!

plustek + hp2200c works ok for random resolutions for me. Is it a function
of how much is scanned or how much data needs to be transfered ? I only
scanned postcard-sized areas.

has trouble controlling lamp though. some previews come out solid black
because xsane doesn't turn the lamp on, and often leaves the bulb on after
xsane is closed.