[sane-devel] Canon D660u uses Merlin chipset (-->plustek?)

jollyprince@juno.com jollyprince@juno.com
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:54:50 GMT

I have a Visioneer 5800 with a Realtek RTS8801C chip.  Without cooperation from either company, is there any hope of creating a backend for this product?  What productive course of action can I take, if any?

--- Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

Hi,

Just for the record: I got a report from a user that his Canon D660u
uses a National Semiconductor LM9832CCVJD chip (and a EliteMT
M11B416256A 4 Mbit RAM). I guess that scanner may work with the
plustek backends after adding it to plustek-devices.c. I've asked him
to try that and am waiting for results.

Details about that scanner:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/canon-d660u.txt