[sane-devel] Does anyone need help writing a backend?

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:19:13 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:21:11PM +0100, Stuart Hirons wrote:
> I have a UMAX 4500 sitting on my desk lying unused since I moved to Red
> Hat 4 months ago, can I be of any help here in obtaining any logs or
> anything ?

If you have MS Windows installed, you could install usbsnoopy and get
a log of a simple scan if that's possible. E.g. 1 cm x 1 cm in 100 dpi
grayscale. I'll do that anyway once I have that scanner but if you do
it now we may understand the protocoll a bit earlier :-)