[sane-devel] Fujitsu fi-4220C problems

Peter Hartshorn peter@dimtech.com.au
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:36:21 +1000

Hello all,

I have revieved a Fujitsu fi-4220C scanner and I am having problems scanning.

I can sucessfully scan several pages with scanimage but sometimes (quite often)
I receive the following error

usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

after about a minute the scan will continue as normal.

I have tried with standard RedHat 8.1 and 9 using sane-backends 1.0.12

I have also tried using libusb which gives me the error:

usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x81 len 13 ret -110
                                                 ^^
					(some times 13 is 96)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also tried scanning with a gt68xx scanner (Mustek 1200 UB plus) with no
errors. So this leads me to think that it is in fact a bug in the fujitsu
driver for sane.

From Peter Hartshorn
peter@dimtech.com.au