[sane-devel] Microtek SlimScan C3, output always a black image

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 21:17:24 +0200

Hi Jose,

please look into your BIOS and make sure the parport mode is set to EPP, not
ECP! I heard several times that this is the cause for stretched or shifted
image lines.

By the way: switching off the backend calibration has a negative side effect:
you will probably see fine vertical stripes on your scanned images. Normally
the backend calibration gets rid of it, but it looks like we have to find the
bug in the calibration code so that it works with your scanner. Please tell
me if we shall do some work in this direction - I'll need some testing work
on your side to achieve this.

Could you please tell me what error message appears if you use the '-y20'
option to generate a logfile?

Karsten