[sane-devel] Compiling SANE backends on Mac OS X 10.1.5

Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:09:37 +0200

Hi,

[MacOS X sanei_scsi.c fails to compile]

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:30:00PM -0700, David Alan Hjelle wrote:
> I was trying to compile the lastest CVS snapshot (from June 2, 2003) of
> SANE backends, but I ran into some problems.

Does sane-backends 1.0.12 work?

> ./configure ran no problem.

Try "./configure --disable-warnings" to avoid some of the warnings.

> sanei_scsi.c:4444: illegal statement, missing `;' after `io_object_t'

I think that's a real bug, the line marked "->" is 4444:

    if (ioReturnValue != kIOReturnSuccess || masterPort == NULL)
      return SANE_STATUS_IO_ERROR;

->  io_object_t scsiDevice = NULL;

    int i;

There are variable definitions after the code. I don't know if C99
allows this, but older C doesn't. That's C++.

> Wow, that was really long. Sorry. I hope that was enough info, though.

The core foundation warnings may be because of the enabled warning
option in configure.

> I hope you can help. I'd love to get this scanner working again.

The MacOS X support for sanei_scsi is from Mattias Ellert
<mattias.ellert@tsl.uu.se>. I'm cc'ing him in case he doesn't read
sane-devel.