[sane-devel] compile 1.0.12 on OS/2

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 23:20:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 30 May 2003 16:53:29 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>> 1.0.12 configures and compiles fine on OS/2 with gcc 2.8.1 as well as=
 with gcc 3.2.1.

>Nice. The current entry on the platforms list is for "OS/2 4.5
>(eComStation)". Is this still correct?

Yes

>USB isn't supported?

There is some support.

One guy in Japan (Maeda Haruyuki) managed to compile a version that has =
been reported to work
with some epson-usb-scanners on OS/2. He used the sane-sources for his
special build with some OS/2 specific changes. He compiled not with gcc
but with IBM VAC++. The binaries are bundled with the TAME-frontend for
OS/2 (not a 'real' frontend but a rexx-pm-gui that calls scanimage.exe a=
t the end).
See
 http://www.os2world.com/goran/tame.htm

>What about
>dynamic loading of shared libraries?

I don't know, I don't exactly know what this means.

Can DLLs (_dynamic_ linked libraries) be loaded _static_?

On OS/2 we have just one (big) libsane.dll that contains all backends-co=
de
and works together with (small) scanimage.exe xscanimage.exe xsane.exe e=
tc.

These exes won't start if libsane.dll is not found.

>> there is probably an error in line 2623 of
>> sane-backends/po/sane-backends.fr.po
>> that prevents iconv from recoding this file to ISO-8859-1 after this =
line.

>Thanks. Fixed in CVS. There was one more occurance of a wrongly
>encoded "=E9".

Thanks, I now just uploaded a binary-os/2-package of the
1.0.12/1.0.11 backend-frontend combination including this minor fix
to http://home.tiscalinet.de/fbakan

Bye,
Franz