[sane-devel] Microtek SlimScan C6 on Mac OS X 10.1.5 (sane-microtek2)

David Alan Hjelle dahjelle@mac.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.

I've been trying to get my Microtek SlimScan C6 working on my Macintosh
running Mac OS X 10.1.5. After a couple days spent trying to get it to
compile correctly (you can see the details on the mailing list),
everything compiled (including libusb) and I was excited to try my
scanner. It shows up under sane-find-scanner as:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x05da, product=0x009a) at libusb:-07:005
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

scanimage -L reports:

So, I did some research. Apparently, the microtek2 backend only
supports USB kernel extensions and not libusb? What would it take to
modify the code so that it would work?

Thanks for all your great work! It's greatly appreciated even if I
don't get this scanner working!

In Christ Alone,
David Alan Hjelle
1 Corinthians 2:2