[sane-devel] error in linux/videodev.h

Sat, 7 Jun 2003 18:40:04 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 05:43:45PM +0200, Thomas Soumarmon wrote:
> I have a problem compiling v4l because of the linux/videodev.h.
> Has anybody already had this problem with this file ?

No, but I haven't installed Video for Linux version 2 (the header is
from version 2).

> Follows the errors :
>
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/videodev.h:14,
>                  from v4l.c:76:
> /usr/include/linux/videodev2.h:432: parse error before "v4l2_std_id"
> /usr/include/linux/videodev2.h:432: ISO C forbids data definition with no type
> or storage class

Maybe that's the result over our pedantic warning settings. Try with
"--disable-warnings". Looks like the header file is not ISO
C-conforming (for whatever version of ISO-C).

Where did you get videodev2.h from? Is it from your version of libc
(which one)? Or is /usr/include/linux a link to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux and you have installed a 2.5 kernel?

We'll have to think about supporting v4l version 2 anyway. There is an
old v4l2 backend, but nobody yet responded to the question if v4l2 is
the same as the new version 2 kernel interface.