[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 5550C

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:17:24 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:41:05PM +0200, Janez Dovc wrote:
> I am shure, you are all tired of such questions, but I will try and ask
> anyway:

No problem. Most of the time all the information we have is in the
lists of (un)supported scanners or the search engine.

http://panda.mostang.com/sane/sane-supported-devices.html

> Does anyone know if somebody works on driver for HP ScanJet 5550C?

I don't think so.

> What is tendence, is there any posibility for such driver to be
> available in the close future?

If you start writing one, probably yes :-)

Most of the time SANE developers don't write drivers for completely
new scanners. Usually someone like you has such a scanner and wants
support for it. So he writes a driver and becomes a SANE developer
that way.

Do you own such a device? If yes, could you please send us the output
of /proc/bus/usb/devices when it's plugged in? So we have at least
some information on the ids of the scanner. If you have more
information, e.g. which chipset is used, this is also appreciated.