[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 2200 USB weirdness

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke@gmx.de
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:59:50 +0200

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:33:44 -0700 (PDT)
ope <ope557@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an UMAX Astra 2200 scanner that I connecting to
> through USB.  My problem is basically this:
>
> When I use xsane I can preview as many times as I want
> without any problems.  However, once I actually try to
> scan I sometimes have success and sometimes don't.
> When I can't successfully scan what happens is that
> the scanner runs, the lamp moves completely down and
> back again, the 'REceiving RGB Data' progress bar is
> just about complete and then xsane completely freezes.

I have also an Umax 2200SU (SCSI and USB) and I do have the same
problem when conneczed via USB. Sometimes okay (especially with no scan
area selct), but selecting a scan area, the system freezes at about 95%.
I have experienced that with xsane and xscanimage, so most likely it is
in the backend.

Best regards,
Klaus