[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 2200 USB weirdness

ope ope557@yahoo.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry for taking so long to respond...

It definately works better (or worse) if I adjust the
scan resolution.  I set resolution set to 100 and did
not have any problems.  I normally expect to run into
problems after about 2-3 scans and never get more than
5 scans without problems.  After adjusting the
resolution to 100 I scanned more than 10 times without
a single problem.  Then I played around with other
resolutions and ran into problems with any resloution
setting I chose.

Changing selected areas does not seem to affect
results in any circumstance.

I have also noticed another thing that is worth
mentioning.  At one point when the xsane seemed to be
stuck I tried unplugging the scanner from the USB
port.  I was expecting xsane to fail and close down.
What actually did happen was that the complete scanned
image instantly popped up in the viewer and xsane was
running as if nothing has happened.  Just for fun I
tried it couple more times and had the same results
each time.  It appears to me that that the scan is
essentially complete at the point that it is freezing.

Thanks,
ope