[sane-devel] Sane support for Acer parallel port scanners

mrjaneway@gmx.net mrjaneway@gmx.net
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:58:57 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,
I am new to this list, so I hope I dont ask any stupid questions.... I am
also new to the Linux world and I installed SuSE Linux 8.2 on my PC. Everything
is working, except my old scanner. It's a Acer / Benq 620P parallel port
scanner, and in the Sane compatibility list the status for a driver for this
model is marked as "unknown". Can you tell me if someone is working on a Sane
driver for this model? Or can I use another driver that will work for my
scanner too? I guess Acer is only relabeling its scanners....
Any help on this is very appreciated, thanks!

Geetings,
Tobias