[sane-devel] Microtek Scanmaker 6700 (USB and FireWire)

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:48:26 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:25:35PM +1200, Alan Purchase wrote:
> I have been running a dual boot Windows 98 and Mandrake Linux system for
> some time and now I want to drop Windows and run solely on Mandrake
> Linux 9.0. My problem is that I have a Microtek Scanmaker 6700 scanner
> that appears not to be supported by Sane. Can you tell me if someone is
> working on a Sane driver for this model and whether it will support USB,
> FireWire or both.

As it's not on our lists, it's quite unlikely than someone is working
on it. Can you provide more details about the scanner, so we can at
least list it as "unsupported"?

E.g., plug it in, boot linux and show us the output of
"cat /proc/bus/usb/devices", please.

Maybe it's compatible to any of the already supported scanners. But I
doubt that.

Some links on how to write a SANE driver:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/unsupported.html
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/develop.html