[sane-devel] Manufactures

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:35:18 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 11:27:37AM +0100, david stevenson wrote:
> and it occurred to me that it may help to have a page directed at manufactures
> to explain how they can get their scanner supported.

You mean a page about what a manufacturer can do to get a SANE driver?

Well, that's pretty easy: Write a driver like explained on the
"unsupported page". Or pay someone else to write it. Releasing
programming information may make it easier for someone else to write a
driver, but it's not a guarantee to get it written.

Something along these lines? I could also add that to the "unsupported
page".