[sane-devel] Problem building on OSX
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:40:53 -0700
> But that's only with USB, isn't it? Or even only with this scanner? As
> far as I know, SCSI scanners work with the epson backend on MacOS X.
> At least I have one report about the Epson Perfection 1640SU working.
> More reports on which scanners work or don't work on MacOS X are
As long as the usblib was installed properly using the recent toolset (
Dec 2002 ), quite a few of USB and SCSI devices should work. I have
tested and got images back from the following devices:
- UMax Astra 1220U in USB mode
* Reasonable image quality, still need color correction.
- UMax Astra 2000U in USB mode
* Serious image quality problem.
- Epson Perfection 1640SU in both USB and SCSI modes
* Good image quality. Support a lot of options. Good performance in
- Epson Perfection 2450 PHOTO in USB mode
* Good image quality. Support a lot of options. Still has problems in
- CANON IX-06015C ( similar to CanoScan 600 ) in SCSI mode
* Does not support tiff format! ( --format=tiff ). I can only get
image back in pnm format. --format=tiff returned bad argument error.
This seems like a problem of the canon backend. Please correct me if
I too would like to see reports on which scanners work or don't work on