[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 2200 USB weirdness

ope ope557@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:23:10 -0700 (PDT)

I have found another 'behavior' that might shed some
light on the problems that I am having.  When I do a
preview the interface auto selects a large square area
covering most of the scanner bed which I then
drag/resize to the actual image I am scanning (nothing
new here).  What I have noticed with absolute
reliability is this:

1.  If, after the preview, I can see the entire
outline of the selection box then the subsequent scan
will work.

2.  However, If I can't see the entire selection box
then the scan will not work.  What I mean by this is
that often times the bottom line of the selection box
is 'off' the window such that I can't see any bottom
line for selecting the image area only.  If I put the
mouse on the bottom of the frame and drag up I can
select the scanning area.

Does my explaination make sense?  I can send screen
shots if it does not.

It is as if xsane thinks that the scanner bed is
longer than it is.  It oddly explains why the scanner
lamp has completed the scan and returned but the
software seems to be waiting for more data and is
getting bulk_msg: timeout messages.

Does anyone have any ideas?